If you have ever considered being on the TE School Board, then you should attend an informative workshop on April 27th. The workshop will be conducted by the PA Education Policy and Leadership Center and presented by the League of Women Voters.
- Legal and Leadership Roles of School Directors and School Boards
- State and Federal Policies: Implications for School Boards
- School District Finances and Budgeting
- Candidates and the Law
- Information Resources
- K-12 Governance
- PA Standards, Student Assessment, and Accountability
- Curriculum and Graduation Requirements
- K-12 State Funding
- Early Education
- Student Choices (Non-Public, Home Schooling, Charter Schools, Career-Technical, and more)
- Teacher Issues
- Linking K-12 to Workforce and Post-Secondary Education
- Linking K-12 to Community Partners
The session will be from 8AM to 4:30 PM and costs $75. The location is at the Delaware County Intermediate Unit, 200 Yale Avenue, Morton, PA 19070.
Register online here. Registration ends 4/20/2019.