WHAT IS THE EASTTOWN DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE?
The Easttown Democratic Committee (EDC) is the official local Democratic organization for Easttown Township. We are an all-volunteer group of active, committed Democrats who live in Easttown Township. We are your neighbors and friends.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
- Recruit & support Democratic candidates for local, county, state & national office. Read the Pennsylvania Democratic Precinct Committee Person Guide & Resources.
- Work to have all Easttown Democrats vote in every primary and general election by:
- Promoting voter registration and absentee voting
- Distributing election information & canvass our Democratic neighbors during campaigns
- Staffing the polls in every precinct of the township
WHEN DO WE MEET?
We hold regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 PM in the Easttown Township Building at 566 Beaumont Road in Devon. The building is ADA-compliant and accessible for people with mobility issues. All registered Democrats are welcome to attend!
HOW IS THE EASTTOWN DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE ORGANIZED?
The Easttown Democratic Committee operates under it’s by-laws which can be read by clicking on this PDF link: By Laws of the Easttown Township Democratic Committee. Here is link to the bylaws for the Chester County Democratic Committee: Bylaws of the Chester County Democratic Committee plus a document further detailing the Endorsement Process of Candidates.
The Committee includes:
- Chairperson (often called a Zone Leader because Easttown is one of twenty zones in Chester County)
- Vice-Chairperson/Assistant Zone Leader
- Committee People – two elected per precinct so 14 in total. In addition, there can be up to 7 appointed “At Large” Committee People.
COMMITTEE PEOPLE – The role of a Committee Person(CP) is to be the Democratic neighborhood representative for each precinct. The voters in each precinct elect two CPs every four years at the spring primary. The most recent election occurred in May 2018, so the next opportunity to be on the ballot is May 2022. Each CP serves a four-year term and there are no term limits. If you’re interested in running and want to appear on the ballot, you must be a registered Democrat in the precinct you want to represent and file a petition with the County like any other candidate for office.
Those on the Committee have voting rights in local party policy decisions and internal elections, as well as voting rights within the Chester County Democratic Party for endorsing candidates, etc. Committee people’s responsibilities include:
- Get Out the Vote – Convince all Easttown Democrats to vote for Democrats in all primaries and general elections
- Attend Monthly Committee Meetings
- Identify and Encourage Potential Candidates to Run for School Board and Township Offices
- Staff the precinct polling places and work as “Greeters” for every primary and election
- Vote on electing Chester County Democratic Committee office
EASTTOWN COMMITTEE PEOPLE
If you have any questions about voting, volunteering, or running for office, please don’t hesitate to contact the Committee People from your precinct. Easttown Township is organized into seven precincts and commonly referred to as E1, E2, etc. If you’re unsure about your precinct number, enter your address into the Chester County precinct locator.
|Polling Location||Committee People||Email Contact Information|
|Beaumont School Lobby|
575 Beaumont Road
|Beaumont School Gym|
575 Beaumont Road
720 1st Avenue
|Devon Elementary Cafeteria|
400 S. Fairfield
|Trinity Presbyterian |
640 Berwyn Avenue
|St. John’s Presbyterian Front Room|
217 Berkeley Road
|Devon Elementary Gym|
400 S. Fairfield