Have you ever wondered:
- Why isn’t there a sidewalk on Lancaster Avenue along the Devon Horse Show?
- Why aren’t there any bike paths connecting with the Devon Train Station? Why aren’t there any bike paths in Devon?
- Does it sometimes feel like cars are more important than pedestrians or bicyclists in Devon?
- Should the Devon Train Station be preserved, updated, or replaced with a new vision? Should it be just a train station surrounded by a parking lot or should the building be multi-use?
- With automatic ticket machines and digital displays of schedules, do we even need a “train station” building in the 21st century? Does it even make sense? What will it’s role be in the next 50 years?
These are all important questions that need to be considered while working on the future of Devon. Here’s your chance to become involved and help Easttown evolve in the future! Easttown Township seeks volunteers to serve on the Devon Center Visioning and Zoning Ordinance Amendment Task Force. This newly created Task Force will work with the Township Planner to establish the community’s vision for Devon and draft zoning amendments to achieve that vision.
Interested candidates must be residents of the Township and be available to meet a minimum of one evening per month from January through December of 2019. Additional time will be required to review meeting materials outside of the Task Force meetings.
Please submit a letter of interest to the Township Manager, Dan Fox via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, by end of business day on Monday, November 12, 2018.